|Sunday School||9:30 AM|
|Worship Service||10:30 AM|
|Evening Bible Study||6:00 PM|
|Bible Study||7:00 PM|
Senior Minister Job Description
Town and Country Christian Church
Town and Country Christian Church is seeking to fill a full-time Senior Minister position. This opening is ideal for a minister of any experience level, but who can relate to all ages. We are looking for a man, called to our church, with the desire to lead our congregation in expanding God’s kingdom within our community. The job description includes preaching from the pulpit, teaching classes, and representing the community and congregation. Okmulgee is a beautiful town of 12,000 people in northeastern Oklahoma. Okmulgee is the home of Oklahoma State University Institute of Technology. It is also the National Capital of the Muscogee (Creek) Nation. We are a working congregation, willing to work with the minister to deliver the message of Christ to the community. We have a diverse weekly membership of ~50 active members with many interests and all educational levels.
- Grow and maintain a Spirit-filled personal walk with Jesus through Bible study, prayer, and meditation.
- Maintain Godly priorities in all areas of life outside of the church.
- Develop opportunities for personal evangelism inside and outside the church.
- Be a life-long learner in areas of Biblical Studies and Ministry.
- Be a team player who is able to develop strong relationships with church volunteers, the Church Board, and members of the congregation.
- Proclaiming the Gospel through sermons, lessons, etc
- Visitation and encouragement to those in need
- Participate and provide report at monthly meeting of the Church Board.
- Recruit, develop, and train new volunteers.
- Other duties as agreed upon with the Church Board
Required Skills and Abilities
- Love for all ages is a must.
- Ability to deliver Biblically accurate sermons/lessons.
- Present themselves in an appropriate manner, including dress and conduct.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate and interact with all generations within the church.
- Must be able to teach the Bible in accordance with the teachings and attitudes laid down in the New Testament.
Work Ethics and Relationships
- Committed to God and HIS word.
- Accountable to the Church Board for overall performance evaluation.